Last month our team took some time to have a look at one of the most popular .NET content management systems; DotNetNuke using Plesk application installer. Below we have put together a little intro into how easy it is to install and get going with DotNetNuke.
- First step is to login to your Plesk control panel.
- Next click on the ‘Applications’ tab at the top (navigation)
- You can use the search window of the Applications screen to find DotNetNuke which will show you this screen
- Now click on the install button on the right hand side of this screen to start the install process and you should go to a page for you to accept the T&C’s
- Now enter the required install details for your new DotNetNuke install. If you get an error in regards to resources this maybe that you have run out of available SQL databases or the .NET version is too old. Contact your hosting provider and let them know. *DotNetNuke fully works with Host Media’s Windows hosting services.
- Once you have entered all the required information you will see the DotNetNuke installer process through. When this has been completed you can then use the provided details to login to your admin portal area.
TIP: Make sure to take special note of the HOST username and password as DotNetNuke sets up two users when it first gets created. One is the ‘portaladmin’ and the other (username is normally your Plesk username) is the host admin. The host admin allows you to manage the DotNetNuke website a lot more than just the portaladmin such as install new extensions from the DotNetNuke website.
If you have any questions regarding the installer or our Windows hosting please contact our team.
We have been hosting websites since 2002 and are always moving forward. All articles written under the Host Media author are created by the team who support our customers.